Every business professional can benefit from assessing their personal brand online. The reality is that people are searching for you – they are looking for information about you to assess your credibility. What they find creates their impression about you – and you want your first impression to be amazing.
It isn’t good enough to have a mediocre presence, or one that “just isn’t bad”. Your online presence should be amazing and present you in the best possible light.
Here is why you should care about your online brand:
- It is your first impression: Increasingly people search for you before they meet you, respond to an email or return a call. What they find creates the first impression. Just as you’d put on a great suit for a first meeting, your online brand should put your best foot forward.
- It can make or break your credibility: Your online brand can make or break your credibility. People judge you based on what they find online – this can help you or hurt you.
- Negatives may hurt you: Many people aren’t aware of some of the negative or less than perfect things that show up in search engine results when people search for them. These negatives can be hurting your reputation – and you may not even know about it.
- Your personal social networks may show up: Many people are surprised to find that their personal social networks show up in search results. While this may not be terrible, it may not represent you in the best personal light. Knowing privacy settings and the information that is publicly viewable is important.
- 80% of people use online searches to assess people they do business with: Most people are searching for you…..
Ready to take action?
Get started with a personal brand assessment: Get our free 7 point personal brand assessment here.