I train thousands of business professionals each year, and I speak to tens of thousands of professionals, and many of the successful professionals that I come into contact with still aren’t thinking about their personal brand and how it is brought to life online.
The reality is that your online brand matters now more than ever. Here are some shocking personal branding statistics:
- Over 90% of recruiters are using social media. While you may not be looking for a job now, one day you will be…. Don’t wait until it is too late.
- People are searching for you online to assess your credibility – if you are in a position where you meet other professionals, you can bet that they are googling you and looking for information about you.
- Over 80% of people have searched for other people online. If you have any visibility in your career (or if you plan to) people will search for you on Google.
- 80 million people are Googled every day (and you are probably one of them).
- 87% of people believe that a CEOs reputation is an important part of a company’s reputation.
The bottom line is that today we can judge people without even meeting them. You may not have the opportunity to impress me in person because I have already formed my opinion of you based on what I find online.
You Are Investing in a Lifelong Asset
The reason that I believe so strongly in building your personal brand is because when you invest in your personal brand you are investing in a life-long asset. When you spend time creating online assets that bring your brand to life, you are investing in something that will help and support you through your entire career.
The Time To Start is Now.
The problem is that most people wait until it is too late to get started. They don’t think about their personal brand until they have an issue.
Don’t wait until it is too late. Start now by discovering what the brand of you is really all about. In our Personal Branding Seminar we show participants how to grow their personal brand through 3 stages: Define, Design and Deliver.
Start by defining what your personal brand is really all about – what do you what to be known for? Design your personal brand to be delivered in a compelling way that is credible, believable and memorable. Finally deliver your brand online so that when people search for you (which they do) you are making an AMAZING first impression.